Monday 9 January 2017

Tasmania: Launceston & Devonport

Launceston was my first stop in Tasmania and I had intended it to be a short visit solely for the purpose of getting groceries for my week long trip. I briefly went to Cataract Gorge however as the weather was sweltering, I only managed to do the short walk to the bridge and back to the main area.

Tasmania

Tasmania

Tasmania

Tasmania

Tasmania

The strangest thing to get accustomed to was the fact that Tasmania is so small relative to all the other states. Due to this, I decided to visit Devonport briefly before heading to my campsite for the night.

Tasmania
The Neptune style statue, called the Spirit of the Sea welcomes the ferries from mainland

Tasmania

Tasmania
A very cool lighthouse

Tasmania

Tasmania

Tasmania

After a relaxing afternoon, I headed south to Lake Gairdner. It was actually quite difficult to find it since it wan't signposted and I ended up driving up and down the same 10km stretch of road a few times to find it. Finally, after searching on Youtube - yes really - I found the side road and camped there for the night

Tasmania

Tasmania

Tasmania

Tasmania

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)