Saturday 23 November 2013

Amsterdam

From Munich, we drove to Salzburg to drop off our rental car and fly to Amsterdam since it was cheaper than leaving from Munich directly. It was a short flight (heck, any flight is a short flight within Europe) and we were sitting in the very last row. Upside was that I managed to take shots without the wing of the plane.

Untitled
I  love this shot. It looks like clouds, but most of the white is actually snow.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

When we landed, I discovered that they had damaged my backpack. It also had a footprint on the top so I don't even know what happened. I don't actually know how they even damaged it because the damage was at my front straps which tightened my bag, but I have lifted my bag via those straps before and there was never a problem. Hmm. Also, the tram doors opened and I allowed other people to get on first since I needed to get the correct change for the fare. Sunbear asked the driver if he stopped at a certain location and just as I found my correct change (and it wasn't as though I was standing there for 2 minutes, it was literally 30 seconds) the driver closed the door and drove off. Sorry, what? Rude.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Okay this was the coolest thing! Not the food per se, but the shop we bought it from. It is almost like a vending machine and you insert your money which would allow you to take the hamburger. Of course, who knows how long that burger was sitting there. You could also order it from the counter and they would make it fresh which is what we did. But still, it was pretty cool! Febo

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
We went to the Hard Rock Cafe for dinner and ordered the same thing we ordered on our first date (which actually was back in early December. Whoops) and it was really nice. I need to get around to visiting Hard Rock Cafe in Sydney at some point before it closes down. Well, it went into bankruptcy recently and who knows what will happen as the new owner has a lot of debt to repay.

My Overall Thoughts
Honestly, I didn't have much of an opinion of Amsterdam. It did feel really comfortable and familiar in way, so it didn't really feel very interesting or exciting or anything like that. Actually, the only impression was that it felt so gimicky. As Amsterdam is known for the red light district, it was just sex stores upon sex store selling things that just had a shock factor. Also, it had a lot of those 'coffee shops' (where you could smoke marijuana) and ridiculous signs promoting it.

Would I re-visit?
No.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)