Saturday 9 November 2013

Rome Pt 2

14th January 2013
Exchange dude had highly recommended that I visit Capuchin Crypt.

It contains the skeletal remains of 3,700 bodies believed to be Capuchin friars buried by their order.

It was creepy (human remains used as art) but also incredibly underwhelming and I left the place so disappointed.

Untitled
Upside to the torrential rain. 

Untitled
Roman Forum

Untitled


I went to the Coleseum again with the intention of entering it. Since I was travelling in low season, the line was only 10 people long, but when I actually got there, I just lost interest. And that was basically how I felt the entire time I was in Rome. I ended up wandering around looking at all the attractions listed on my map.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled


Untitled
I don't have a photo of it without me there. Also don't want my face on the internet either hence the cloud.

One of the places that I always wanted to visit since I was in primary school was Bocca della Verità and it was really awesome, probably the highlight of my trip to Rome. I also visited the church attached and spoke to the guy (or more accurately, the guy started to talk to me) and then we somehow got onto the topic of the Australian bushfires.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Exchange dude had also recommended that I visit this 'amazing' restaurant, an alleged hidden jem. Oh it was hidden all right. I had actually tried to locate it the night before and couldn't find it. I tried again and there was no one there. Literally.

Untitled

Untitled


Super fast, but I was worried the owner/ waiter/ chef would actually catch me.

The pasta was homemade and it was lovely, but I also picked without thinking. I ordered a cream based pasta sauce which was so rich and sickening after a while. I only ate 1/3 of it. Also, one my biggest gripes / cultural shock with Europe was a) the fact I had to pay to use bathrooms (although I usually got around this by not going to the bathroom or visiting a Maccas) and b) that water is not free! The idea of "tap water" isn't, I guess, really a big thing and I kept on forgetting about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)