Friday 29 November 2013

Minnamurra to Kiama

Back in July, my coworkers and I were meant to head down to the South coast to visit Kiama. However plans went astray and that trip never eventuated. Fast forward to November and I no longer had interest in spending time with those individuals and decided to make the trip myself.

Untitled

It was a 3.5hour trip from my home and I left somewhat early. It was a pleasant train ride and I ended up listening to Taylor Swift's "Red" album on repeat whilst in my limbo stage; I am unable to sleep on public transport however the closest that I can manage is this stage where I am only semi-aware of my surroundings.

I got off at Minnamurra and commenced the coastal walk down to Kiama (well past it).

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I met an American couple who were also completing the walk and they ended up following me, albeit around 2km behind. We had a lovely conversation. I also met a gentleman on a bicycle who was also lovely.

Untitled

Untitled
Cathedral Rocks

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
Bombo Headland Quarry

Untitled

Untitled

It was really difficult to walk at the Bombo Headland Quarry and I actually slipped into a puddle and soaked my left shoe. The landscape was quite different to anything I've seen.

The Bombo Headland Quarry is of one of the most significant geological sites in New South Wales. The rock type and its formation features have technical significance at a national level. The Bumbo Latite Member is also of international scientific significance as it was formed when North and South Magnetic Poles were reversed, which is important for intercontinental paleomagnetic correlation of Late Palaeozoic rock sequences.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
I was more fascinated with the rainbow rather than the actual spurt of water.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

It was a very easy walk, it was just a little long as it was roughly 17km in total. Sometimes I feel like I am a little desensitised to the beauty of the coast. I guess it is because I live so close to it and I also see it so frequently that it frankly becomes a little boring. There are moments when I think it is truly gorgeous (such as the second photo at the mouth of the river and the ocean) and on some level I think it is gorgeous, but I guess I don't really appreciate it so much anymore which is a shame. Grass is always greener on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)