Monday 17 February 2014

Dunedin

This was my last day in the South Island before the return to Christchurch. But first, we explored a little bit of Dunedin. It was a very important city during the gold rush and it is still evident that it was once quite grand. However, it now has a feeling similar to New Orleans. There are a lot of historic buildings in the centre of the city however they are all abandoned or just empty, giving a very eerie feel to the entire city.
Untitled

Untitled

We also stopped by the Cadbury factory and walked away with chocolate that is made in Australia but isn't sold in Australia. We bought a sparkling chocolate drink (which isn't even made by Cadbury but sold there...) and it tasted like Dr Pepper which I am not a fan of so I ended up pouring my portion down the drain.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

On the way up the coast, we stopped by the Moeraki Boulders which provided a perfect photo opportunity. They were actually really cool and fun, trying to climb onto the boulders without getting caught by the waves.
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
Lunch was amazing and I had the Stuart Island Salmon Steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)