Wednesday 12 February 2014

Milford Sound

Milford Sound is often regarded as one of the top places to visit in New Zealand. It is also notorious for having terrible weather; apparently it rains 2/3 days and receives the same amount of rainfall in 12 hours as a year in London. However, luck was on our side and we had gorgeous weather!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled


I picked the Mitre Peak cruise since they claimed that it was a smaller boat and it went out further than the other companies. And they were right! The boat was tiny compared to all the other companies.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
Seals

Untitled

The coolest part of the cruise was when the captain put the boat's nose underneath the waterfall!

Untitled

Untitled

Afterwards, we completed the Key Summit walk. It was breathtaking views, however I was just incredibly frustrated with the walk since it was purely uphill which is both very tiring and also boring.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

2 comments:

  1. Your photos look AMAZING! I love to travel too when I'm not busy with school, so thank you for bringing your readers to NZ through pictures! Hope you had fun!

    P.S. I can imagine how thrilling it was being by the waterfall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Whereabouts in NZ are you from? Yes it was really cool actually!

      Btw, checking out your blog now :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)