Sunday 9 February 2014

Queenstown

Our next destination was Queenstown. Queenstown is probably one of the most well known cities in New Zealand as it is marketed as the "Adventure Capital of New Zealand". But more on that in a bit.

On the drive, we took a rest stop in Tarras and met a motorcycle group that was touring the South Island which was really cool.
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

We also stopped at Cromwell for fresh fruit and I saw so many varities of plums and peaches that I had never seen before. We left with 3kg worth of cherries and 3kg of this special plum.
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Queentown was super windy as a storm was brewing and the city felt odd. Just a little too gimicky. Sort of like the feeling that I had in Amterdam, except that was restricted more to certain areas of the city. Left right and centre, someone was selling you sky diving or bungee jumping or white water rafting. It was just ... too much.

Untitled

Untitled

A visit to Queenstown necessitated a visit to the famous Fergburger. We split a Sweet Bambi and a Fergburger with cheese. It wasn't a long wait for the burger considering the sheer volume of orders and there must have been around 9 people in the small kitchen area. I liked Sweet Bambi burger better than the other one since I really liked the sauce that ccompanied the deer patty.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)