Sunday 9 February 2014

Te Anau

The next day, we headed for Te Anau (pronounced Tea-Anoo which I didn't know. Ignorant tourist). However, before we left we ate at Fergburger again and we tried the Southern Swine and Chief Wiggum.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Te Anau is a small town with a country feel. It is a nice stop if you are visiting Milford Sound otherwise it would be a 5hr journey from Queenstown. There really wasn't much to do there apart from visiting the bird enclosure. They nursed wounded native birds and kept them in the enclosure until they healed before being released back into the wild. The takahē was the cutest bird ever! It had this gorgeous blue gradient colour on its body and was so round! I really like animals that have a high volume to surface area ratio. For example wombats have a special place in my heart.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

On our way to dinner, I saw a baby Alpaca inside a yarn store and naturally I ventured in. It was only 2 days old and it was super cute and also super soft! The owner of the Yarn store and the alpaca was lovely and I ended up buying two balls of white alapaca wool. I am excited to knit my scarf now. On a side note, I always seem to be knitting scarves in the middle of summer. For dinner, we ate at a local fish and chip store (Mainly Seafood) and my sister had a chat with the owner who was just so friendly. Too friendly.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
LP is an amazing drink!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)