Saturday 1 November 2014

Sculpture by the Sea 2014


It is crazy that Sculpture by the Sea is upon us once again. Unintentionally, I've visited every second year since 2008. To be quite frank, I'm not an 'arty' kind of person; generally, museums and galleries tend to bore me after the first 30 minutes (unless its tactile). But the walk from Bondi to Tamarama Beach is quite pretty and I only head down to that area for Sculpture by the Sea since it's too far from where I live.

Untitled

Untitled
The 'faces' of these freaked me out.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
A woman doing yoga on the rock platform.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
The best 'exhibit'! He was so adorable.

We had originally planned on catching the bus from Tamarama Beach to Bondi Junction to save having to walk back. However being the impatient people that we are, A. and I walked back to Bondi to catch the bus from there.

Untitled
Jacaranda trees are in bloom again and they are just gorgeous!

18 comments:

  1. Ahhh jacaranda trees!! My favourite. I can't wait for exams to be over so I can explore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are my favourite too! When do your exams finish?

      Delete
  2. Ooh you had amazing weather! I'm so looking forward to seeing it this year, I haven't gone in a couple of years because it always seems to finish before my exams are over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a super sunny day (meaning it was hot) but like most days, it was quite cool in the shade. Good luck with your exams!

      Delete
  3. These sculptures are so amazing!! I think my favorite is the whale one though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked that! Especially since we saw a whale in the distance too!

      Delete
  4. This looks like such an interesting and fun sight. And the weather looks so nice. I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was ridiculously hot a few days ago (36 degrees celsius!) but now it has cooled down to around 21 which I think is lovely.

      Delete
  5. view is splendid!! great exhibition :)) kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photographs! It has been so lovely to see this event through a few different bloggers lenses! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha sometimes I think it must be a little annoying when so many people blog about the same thing, but I guess everyone has their own flair

      Delete
    2. Definitely! I have a family member who went on a day where the weather was really bad and the whole thing felt completely different in her photos :)

      Delete
  7. Wowzas this looks so cool to go and see. I love that it changes, keeps things interesting. Except maybe those baby looking things, they are creeping me out a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their faces were so creepy; it was almost like some ventilation grate type thing =/

      Delete
  8. Really beautiful photographs, looks like such a great event! Those trees in the last photo are unreal, amazing colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so gorgeous, I've been meaning to go to this road which has a whole row of them. Thank you for your kind words :)

      Delete
  9. Cool exhibition! Especially loving the Whale sculpture and the reflecting silver 'pudlle'on the ground. Laila xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)