Monday 24 November 2014

The Tea Cosy

I have been busy meeting up with friends over the past week before I leave for my two month trip overseas. My two closest university friends and I met up at The Tea Cosy for some afternoon tea.

Untitled

Untitled

I ordered the Devonshire Tea which consisted of two scones, jam and a drink of my choice. The scones vary daily and on the occasion that I visited, there was the choice of: plain, currant, apple crumble or cheese and thyme. I picked apple crumble and cheese and thyme with paw paw, lime & passion fruit jam and Turkish Apple tea.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

A few months ago, Owl Girl mentioned that there were two ways to eat a scone which I had never realised before. Devonshire method is where the cream is placed on the scone first followed by the jam. The Cornwall method is jam first, followed by the cream. I used to eat it the Devonshire way however I tried the Cornwall way and I think I actually prefer the latter!

Untitled
Devonshire. Excuse the chipped nail.

Untitled
Cornwall.

How do you eat your scones?

13 comments:

  1. Oh gosh I need to visit this place next time I'm in Sydney! So adorable!
    Also I definitely eat my scones with strawberry jam and cream! Yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think strawberry jam is always a classic with scones!

      Delete
  2. I love the Tea Cosy! I didn't realise there was so much controversy on the jam and cream order, I don't even remember how I do it - jam first, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even realise it was a thing until a few months ago. The things people bicker about haha

      Delete
  3. Goodness, your chipped nails. But I've been meaning to try Tea Cosy for years.... And I love my scones freshly baked, buttered, jammed and then covered in freshly whipped full cream. So cornwall foreverrrr!

    www.rosa-dyn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nail was pretty bad. I didnt realise until later that it was chipped so bad. And that is why I am not a fashion blogger.

      Delete
  4. I looooove The Tea Cosy, but haven't been in a while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a cute place! Although felt bad for staying there for so long

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness, this place looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I haven't had scones in too long, looks like such a lovely place :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those scones look absolutely lovely!

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww this place looks so cute. I have never been before but it sounds like a lovely place to sit down and relax with friends. I usually have raisin scones so I eat them plain ... being the boring foodie I am :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so nice! And looks too delish for me not to want to reach into the screen and have a bite. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)