Monday 15 May 2017

Tasmania: Bay of Fires & Little Blue Lake

Tasmania 2017

One of the iconic areas of Tasmania is the Bay of Fires on the east coast. Typically, this area evokes images of white sand, clear waters and rocks with orange lichen. Oh, and a sunny day of course. Sadly, it was another overcast day for me (as were most of the days on my trip). I first drove to St Helens to visit the Peron Sand Dunes.

Tasmania 2017

Tasmania 2017
Tasmania 2017

Tasmania 2017

Tasmania 2017

Tasmania 2017

In comparison to my trip over the summer, the roads were generally very quiet and most areas in Tasmania were quite deserted.

Tasmania 2017

Tasmania 2017

Tasmania 2017

I had lunch at one of the beaches and was one of a handful of people in the entire bay!

Tasmania 2017

Tasmania 2017

Tasmania 2017

I also visited St Columba Falls which is one of the tallest waterfalls in Tasmania.

Tasmania 2017

Tasmania 2017

Tasmania 2017

Tasmania 2017
Blackberries! For some reason, I associate blackberry bushes with Enid Blyton novels.

And the location where my camera was last functioning was at The Little Blue Lake outside of South
Mount Cameron. The lake is a former mining hole and the water is aqua due to the minerals from mining.

Tasmania 2017

Tasmania 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)