Saturday 13 May 2017

Tasmania: Tessellated Pavement

Tasmania 2017

After picking up my rental car, the first stop on my Tasmania trip was to the Tessellated Pavement. It is a natural phenomenon which has resulted in numerous rectangle shaped pieces on the rockshelf on the Tasman Peninsula.

Tasmania 2017
Tasmania 2017

Tasmania 2017

On the way north to Fingal (my free campsite for the night), I drove past Campbell Town. Historically, the town was used as a midway point between Launceston and Hobart for services and supplies. There were some pretty colonial structures in the town including the Red Bridge (not pictured) which was built by convicts in the 1830s.

Tasmania 2017

Tasmania 2017
Wooden carvings to illustrate the history of the town.

Tasmania 2017

Tasmania 2017
Cadbury tanker! I wonder if that is melted chocolate.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)