Thursday 25 May 2017

Tasmania: Freycinet National Park

Tasmania 2017

Tasmania 2017

This was the only sunny day during my visit and I had chop-and-changed my itinerary so that my visit to Freyicinet National Park coincided with the only nice day.

First stop was Sleepy Bay which was a short walk from the car park.


Tasmania 2017

Tasmania 2017
It was a struggle to get this shot. Trying to wrap my Gorillapod around my phone and then use self timer. 

Next stop was the Tourville Lighthouse.

Tasmania 2017

Tasmania 2017

Tasmania 2017

And for the main attraction, Mt Amos! I was undecided if I wanted to do the easier walk to the Wineglass Bay Lookout or the climb to the summit of Mt Amos. I decided on Mt Amos due to sheer number of people embarking on the lookout walk. Once again, it was another bushwalk / hike that required a lot of rock scrambling. After much struggle, I reached the top! It was a sunny day but with tops of 15 degrees only. Therefore at the summit, it was considerably colder and super windy!

Tasmania 2017
Look at the smooth surfaces.

Tasmania 2017

Tasmania 2017
The orange arrows were the path markers.

Tasmania 2017

Tasmania 2017
Food always tastes amazing at the summit.

Tasmania 2017

The descent back to the carpark was hell. My shoes kept sliding and I ended up doing the backwards crab crawl for most of the way down. In some ways, it was actually harder than the boulder scramble at Cradle Mountain. There, it never felt that I would slide and fall to my death whilst at Mt Amos, it was a very smooth rockface. But I survived!

Tasmania 2017

Tasmania 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)