Thursday 18 May 2017

Tasmania: Land of the Pie

Tasmania 2017

Grindelwald is a village in Switzerland and also the name of the wizard in the Harry Potter series (I was listening to the final novel during my drives in Tasmania). It is also small town north of Launceston and was developed by a Dutch immigrant in the style of the Swiss village. In all honesty, it was quite random. Almost unncessary. It is a resort these days with mini golf, paddleboats and a giant jumping castle.



It was a bit of a nothing day. I tried to reach Liffey Falls but didn't manage to find them. Due to all the bad luck I had, I was genuinely concerned that I was going to crash my car and possibly injure myself. Hence when I couldn't find the falls after driving on a dirt / muddy road at a 45 degree incline, I decided to turn back for fear I would get stuck.

Tasmania 2017
Eliza Forlong & Ram - played a pivotal role in introducing merino wool to Australia

I drove past Campbell Town again and stopped at the bakery for a pepper pie. I believe this was the first of many, many pies I consumed in the island state. What can I say, I love pies. 

Tasmania 2017

I was the only person at the campground for the night which was a tad unnerving. However look at this beautiful sunset! The main disadvantage to car camping solo is the loneliness especially as I was the only one at the campground. However, I had the radio running in the background and messaged people to keep me company. To be honest, it isn't too different to life normally as I don't usually see my friends during the week and resort to instant messaging.

Tasmania 2017

Tasmania 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)