Monday 22 May 2017

Tasmania: Historic Villages

Once upon a time, there was a man called Ross (from my former workplace) who I had a crush on and thought was very attractive. He was tall and had a very subtle Scottish accent. Fast forward to a few months later to when I moved over to sit in his area and some conversations later and I soon realised he was a dumb idiot and his attractiveness went to 0. He was comical and was one of those people who used a lot of big words to say nothing. I also found out he had sex in the work stairwell a few years ago. Lol. That was a very long introduction as to why I wanted to visit the historic village of Ross!



Ross is listed on the Register of National Estate due to the historic sandstone buildings. It is also home to the Female Factory which was one of the few female convict compounds in Australia. The sandstone bridge was built by convicts in 1836 and is the third oldest bridge still in use in Australia.

Tasmania 2017

Tasmania 2017

Tasmania 2017
Tasmania 2017

I stopped at Richmond (another historic village) for another pie; this time it was a seafood pie which was average. I also got a $100 parking ticket here! Seriously ... bad luck was rampant throughout my trip. I didn't see the solid yellow line at the curb due to the leaves on the street, but everyone needs to make a buck.

Tasmania 2017
Oldest bridge in use in Australia!

Tasmania 2017

My next stop was to Pulpit Rock Lookout where I ate my eclair.

Tasmania 2017

Tasmania 2017

Tasmania 2017

Every time I see an eclair I think back to the book series I read as a child. It is funny how memories work aye? It took a while for me to identify this series and I googled things like "book series girl eats eclair" because all that I remembered from the novel was that the main protagonist lived near a bakery and loved to eat eclairs and danishes! For those who are curious, the series is Hazel Green by Odo Hirsch.

I had plans to visit Styx Tall Trees however, due to the ticket and anxiety overall, I decided against it as I would have to drive 20km on an unsealed road. Due to my last trip, unsealed roads especially in Tasmania, sent constant warning bells in my head. I decided to skip the Styx Tall Trees walk and headed back to the same campground as the night before.

Tasmania 2017
Freycinet in the background!

Tasmania 2017
Spiky Bridge - built by convicts in 1843

Once again, I was the only person at the campground and there was another beautiful sunset.

Tasmania 2017
Spot the wallaby!

Tasmania 2017

The stars that night were absolutely incredible! However I didn't have a camera that could capture them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)