Thursday 10 July 2014

Game of Thrones Exhibit

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
The Game of Thrones Exhibit was on at the MCA from July 1 - July 5 2014. As I have mentioned a few times before, I am not a die hard fan but I was interested in visiting. After reading people's waiting experiences on Instagram (follow me!) we decided to arrive relatively early. We started lining up at 7.50am and there were already around 200 people waiting in line in front of us. We waited around 3.5hrs in total (the exhibit opened at 10am) and got in just before 11.30am. 

The exhibit was alright. I thought it would be a little bit more extensive

Untitled
Grey Wind.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

You could sit on the throne (the throne that was at Martin Place a few months ago was a lot more intricate) and also ascend the wall using Oculus Rift. It was very cool experience, however I was a little freaked out. The simulation took you up the Walls' wooden elevator to the top of the wall before you were guided (by the staff member) to turn around and face the desolate snow landscape. Apparently a flaming arrow lands at your feet before you are forced to look down, whilst standing at the edge of the wall. During the simulation, there were sensory elements to make the experience more realistic including wind elements and having the wooden boards you were standing on vibrate. Disclaimer, I'm not the biggest fan of heights. In the beginning of the simulation, it was quite cool until you got quite high up and even though it was only looking through an obviously computer generated scene, I felt so freaked out especially with the additional sensory elements. I closed my eyes before the elevator even reached the top of the wall and only opened them when the staff member prompted me to turn around. I saw how high it was and the arrow coming towards me and then I just closed my eyes. Quite awkward since it is obviously not real, but it still freaked me out a little.

My favourite costume was Sansa's. The neck piece was so intricate.

Untitled

Untitled

For lunch, we headed to Chat Thai in Westfield. Boy, was that a mistake. I have only visited Chat Thai once before and found it overhyped and just average. After this experience, I will not be visiting again. I waited around 40 minutes to receive the wrong dish, experienced lack of attentiveness and care from the waitresses and incredibly slow service from the kitchen. Not happy Jan!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

This is a scheduled post. I am currently in Melbourne, Australia.

2 comments:

  1. At one point, I was going to sleep at work so I could just walk to Circular Quay in the morning just to see it! Shame I didn't. The GOT exhibition looks awesome here! Also love those last three photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The lines were crazy however hopefully they have another exhibition (and better planned) next time around

      Delete

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)