Sunday 20 July 2014

Melbourne Trip: QVM & Eureka Tower

Image Heavy!

10th July 2014
 On our way to Queen Victoria Markets, we stopped at Larder Section for breakfast.

Untitled
Chai Latte. I have yet to find a chai latter which is amazing.

Untitled
Berlin Breakfast ... not sure why it is Berlin.

My old friend told me that I should avoid the Queen Victoria Markets as it is even tackier than Paddy's Market in Sydney. But I actually really enjoyed it! The souvenirs were meh but I was very interested in the food and their fresh produce. There was also a van making fresh jam filled donuts which was amazing.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

More exploring of Melbourne.

Untitled
La Trobe Reading Room

We had been eating a lot of crap during our trip so we decided to head to a juice bar; Tropicana Juice Bar.

Untitled

Untitled
South American Delight (juice). It tasted like a Calipo which was very odd.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

We headed up to the Eureka Tower however it was quite overcast.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
I find that Melbourne is very flat.

For the day of our actual anniversary, A. treated me to dinner at San Telmo , an Argentinian restaurant.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

The food was quite nice! Although the waiter wasn't very friendly. Sure, we didn't fit in with the demographic but the guy was a little short with us, and cold. Very impressed with my camera (I use a p&s) in the extremely dim lighting. Since we were still a little hungry (but we I didn't want to pay $20+ for a dessert), we headed to La Petite Creperie for our crepes!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

5 comments:

  1. This post made me so hungry. :O Melbourne looks so flat, it makes for such a lovely city-like view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I think the Queen Vic markets are at least marginally better than Paddy's! Sounds like a good trip for your anniversary overall :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got back from Melbourne a few days ago! I did go to the QVM to try the jam donuts too, they were good but so bad for you! I also couldn't resist taking photos of the La Trobe Reading Room. Looks like you had a great anniversary/trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had them twice... so bad but so good. Thank you, it was a much needed break from the usual grind of Sydney life.

      Delete
  4. you're eating soo much yummy foods in Berlin! Queen Victoria Markets doesn't look so bad. Those doughnuts look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)