Wednesday 23 July 2014

Melbourne Trip: Brighton Beach & St Kilda

11th July 2014
This was my day as I had done most of the planning. We headed to Brighton Beach to do the coastal walk to St Kilda.

Breakfast at Manchester Press.

Untitled

Untitled

On the train, it was quite overcast however when we got off the skies were starting to clear up. It was a pretty boring walk. Also a long easy walk at at around 10 km and it was so windy!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

By the time we arrived at St Kilda we were starving and headed to Lentil as Anything. The place was packed so we ended up being seated at the very back next to their lentils....
Lentil as Anything is a series of pay what you can, not for profit vegetarian restaurants in Melbourne and Sydney, Australia. The restaurants wholly rely on the generosity of their patrons, volunteers and suppliers to operate, receiving no government or church funding. Patrons are asked to "pay what they feel" the meal, service and beverages are worth by contributing an amount of their choice into a box at the counter.
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

On our way to Luna Park, we passed by some very tasty cake and pastry stores. I picked up a cherry crumble which tasted very funny; it tasted like the artificial cherry flavour in cough medicines.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled 

I wanted to stop by Luxbite before we headed back to the CBD. The desserts from Luxbite weren't that sweet! I really liked the Lolly Bag Cake. The green tea cheesecake bothered me since I am not a fan of buttercream (however it isn't stated in the description...) and I'm not a big fan of macarons, but Endless Love was too pretty to not get!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
(L - R) Endless Love, Lollybag Cake, Green Tea Cheesecake

For the last night, we switched hotels to one further north in the CBD as it was quite a lot cheaper than staying at the Victoria Hotel. We also got upgraded! 

Untitled
View from the room. Right next to the QVM.

Untitled

2 comments:

  1. I remember all the bakeries on the street near Luna Park! Everything looks so good, haha. I've been meaning to go to Lentil as Anything in Sydney, I don't think I'd be into the food but it's a nice concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really regret not going to Brighton Beach and Lux Bite when I was in Melbourne. I did enjoy my bagel when I did visit Manchester Press though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)