Thursday 17 July 2014

Melbourne Trip: Scienceworks and Wicked

9th July 2014
We knew that it would be a gloomy day today so we decided to head over to Scienceworks, similar to the Powerhouse Museum in Sydney.

Untitled

Untitled
Block Arcade

Untitled

But first, breakfast at Laurents.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

It was school holidays and when we arrived, there were around 80 people in line. There were so many kids and most were under the age of 10. Awkward. Finally we got in (for free since we could get concession tickets) and it was packed inside.

Untitled

One of the key reasons for visiting Scienceworks was for the Lightning Room which I thought would be amazing. In reality, it was average and not really worth the $5 ticket pp.

Untitled

Untitled

We headed back to Melbourne CBD and had dinner at Kokoro Ramen which we had discovered the previous day.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

A. ordered extra ramen for $1 thinking that it would be a little bit more. Rather, the amount of ramen that I received was 3/4 of the amount that was in the bowl itself. Whoops. Ramen overload.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I've been obsessed with Wicked ever since I went to Japan back in 2007 and there was a performance at Universal Studios by the cast of Wicked. I was delighted when it was running at Capitol Theatre back in 2009 however at around $100+ a ticket, it was a little expensive considering I earnt less than that a week from my job. Fast forward 5 years, I decided it was worth the money. Hence for our anniversary, I purchased tickets to see the musical. I was originally um-ing and ah-ing over the location of seats, however I was quite happy with what I picked in the end. We sat in the stalls in Row F and almost right in the middle of the row (two seats off)!

Wicked was amazing as I imagined it to be. However, I was a little disappointed with the performance of the actress who played Galinda/Glinda. Perhaps she was sick (as she played the same role back in the 2008/2009 run) but her voice was quite unstable and generally weak. Nonetheless it was still an amazing experience!

Untitled

It has been quite hard to write up my travel posts. On a personal note, I've been feeling quite down lately which is alleviated only when the sun is out. Post holiday blues? Mid year blues? Quarter life crisis? No idea which one it is.

4 comments:

  1. We visited Scienceworks in Melbourne too, is that the one with the sports/fitness section? That was fun, haha. I still haven't seen Wicked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Aww I have never watched anything like the Lion King or Wicked in Theatre. I really should when Wicked comes back to Sydney. I love your shots, and how you shoot from a low angle. So much drama! Hopefully it isn't a quarterlife crisis!

    www.rosa-dyn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw both Lion King and Wicked. Whilst a lot of people liked Lion King, I thought it was okay. Highly recommend Wicked! Haha thank you! I don't think I intentionally shoot from a low angle (perhaps it just happens because I'm short).

      Delete

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)