Tuesday 15 July 2014

Melbourne Trip: CBD

8th July 2014

Untitled

Untitled
The room upgrade granted us with a gorgeous view of Geelong.

Untitled
Driving to Melbourne!

It was a very short drive (under an hour) to Melbourne CBD. After dropping off our bags at Victoria Hotel and returning the rental car, we headed on foot to explore the area.

Untitled
Who goes to Melbourne and doesn't take a photo of Flinders Station?

Untitled

First stop was breakfast at Café Andiamo. I ordered the andiamo b’fast.

Untitled
3 scrambled eggs, tomato, gluten free sausages, prosciutto & fried tomato w/ thick pesto toast

Untitled

Untitled
Abbott is my local MP. Shhh.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
The prayer of Saint Francis of Assisi is my favourite.

Untitled
From the steps of Parliament.

Untitled
So cute!

For our last stop of the day, we headed to GPO which houses H&M. The store is ginormous however also crazily packed with people. I'm not a big fan of shopping and I especially hate crowded shops so we simply walked around before heading back to the hotel.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
This street performer was playing Comptine d'un Autre Été by Yann Tiersen which is one of my favourite pieces of all time!

4 comments:

  1. ahh I admire your photography. that photo of your room's window view is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment :)

      Delete
  2. I love to shop but I hate crowded spots as well! That H&M looks
    fancy! What a building!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It used to be an old postal office but H&M just took over the entire building. Crazy. I think it is funny that Australians are so crazy excited about stores such as Zara and H&M which have been everywhere else for ages. Haha. Thank you for commenting!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)