Sunday 13 July 2014

Melbourne Trip: The Great Ocean Road

Like all my travel posts, this post is image heavy.

Melbourne has been a city that I have wanted to visit for a while now. I have visited it once before when I was 15, however I don't remember much and I was also on a tour. I left early on Monday morning; I woke up at 3.45am so I would be able to make the 7am flight.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

From Avalon Airport, we headed straight to the 12 Apostles on the Great Ocean Road.

Lunch stop at Lorne.
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

By the time we arrived at the 12 Apostles, it was overcast and super windy.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
Trying to catch the sunset. It was prettier a few minutes before this shot.

Untitled

At the hotel in Geelong, we got a room upgrade which faced the bay.

Untitled

Geelong reminded me a lot of Christchurch. It was so flat and the buildings were ridiculously low. There were also shopping areas that were similar to the US in the sense that the shops bordered the giant carpark.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I think I may have been the only person that has stayed in Sydney this Winter Break! You look like you had so much fun in Melbourne and the change of scenery is great. The weather seemed to have been pleasant despite the overcast.

    www.rosa-dyn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But you are the one who will be going on an amazing adventure next year!

      Delete
  2. beautiful photos! came across your blog from alittleopulent's film post. do you have any film photos online? always looking for inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what is the 2nd photo of the lunch you had at Lorne? looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of my film prints!

      Also, it is a vanilla slice. I'm not entirely sure what it consists of, but the middle part is custard! It was delicious :) Thank you for your kind comments

      Delete
    2. Natalie your film prints are beautiful! So sharp. I love the photo of the horses. I hope one day I can take film photos as nice as yours T.T ♡ Thanks for sharing them with me :)

      Delete
    3. Also I've never heard of a vanilla slice before. I guess it's not popular in the US. It looks AMAZING though. I lovee custard. I saw a recipe online when I looked it up so maybe I'll try making it hehehe :)

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous photos! I need to appreciate Australia more and do a roadtrip down there soon, looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)