Monday 22 July 2013

Aroma Festival 2013

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Yesterday the Aroma Festival in the Rocks, a coffee festival, was held. I visited after work, and I thought that it would be a lot more interesting than what it was.

Untitled

Untitled

I love the taste and smell of coffee. However, I believe that I have a coffee/ caffeine intolerance. I used to believe that it was just because I consumed too much caffeine; I like my coffee strong and from most bean company's, I get a double shot. But after today, I think I just have a low tolerance level. After consuming my coffee, around 15-30 minutes later, I start feeling dizzy, nauseous and have a headache.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I waited in line for 40 minutes in total for one coffee, which wasn't great truth be told. I guess I have my standard of what coffee should taste like. A little history of my coffee experiences. I never used to drink coffee, even when I first started working at the cafe. My coworker told me that the coffee there was really good and she slowly tried to get me to like coffee. First making my mochas before progressing to cappuccinos. She left the store and I continued trying out different coffees. So I used t o drink mochas, which progressed to cappuccinos with sugar (ick!) to lattes with lots of sugar to lattes without sugar and these days, on the rare occasion that I do get a coffee, my standard order is a skim flat white or a piccolo latte. I don't care for black coffee and espressos make me feel icky.

I grabbed a hot dog of some sort (allegedly pork, although the vendor really didn't seem to know anything) from the Rocks market.
Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)