Thursday 4 July 2013

The Gap

1338

1337

1347

Sometimes it worries me that time is going by so fast and yet I have nothing to show. I spend far too many wasted hours in bed marathoning tv shows and movies and for what purpose? This winter break, I am pushing myself to actually leave the house a lot more, with the company of others or just by myself. Things still on my agenda:
  • Newcastle
  • Wollongong/ Kiama
  • Sydney Olympic Park for the parks and perhaps biking 
  • Long Reef

Life is too short and this will be the youngest I will ever be. I digress.

I have been wanting to visit The Gap for a while and it was fitting in light of current circumstances. I was always curious as to why it was such a popular location for people to commit suicide. Aren't there are lot of cliffs in Sydney and why was the Gap/ South Head special? But when I saw it, it made a bit more sense. There is a wavecut shelf at the bottom of the cliff which effectively guarantees an impact, as morbid as that sounds.

1339

1341
In memory of Don Ritchie.
1340
The cameras.
1342

1346

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)