Friday 19 December 2014

Glasgow

Glasgow. I had always wanted to visit the city after Love Actually due to one of my all time favourite pieces, "Glasgow Love Theme". Yes really. I pretty much knew nothing about Glasgow apart from (i) the rivalry between Edinburgh and Glasgow and (ii) it was very much an industrial or worker city.

Untitled
Glasgow Cathedral

Untitled

Until my trip to the US, I had never visited a cemetary before. These days, I am quite open/ interested in visting one and it is why we ended up at Glasgow Necropolis.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
People make Glasgow

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
An amazing mac & cheese with cajun chicken for an early dinner.

Overall Thoughts
Glasgow is very much a worker city and not quite appealing to tourists as Edinburgh. However I think it would be quite a lovely place to live in. I really had no expectations of Glasgow and found the Cathedral and Necropolis interesting (if that can be said...)

Would I re-visit?
No.

9 comments:

  1. I might visit Glasgow soon^^ It seems like there's an underground vibe going on in that city and that's interesting. Can't miss Necropolis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it definitely is that feel plus the people are really nice too!

      Delete
  2. Ooh did you check out the university? My friend went there on exchange and she told me it was the inspiration of Hogwarts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unintentionally saw the uni. Can definitely see why that can be said. So where in the world are you now ?

      Delete
    2. Unintentionally saw the uni. Can definitely see why that can be said. So where in the world are you now ?

      Delete
    3. I'm in Heidelberg, Germany, right now! Will be in Germany for the rest of the year woo!

      Delete
  3. I've been to Glasgow before for family visits and I did
    quite like the city! I'd re-visit again c: but maybe because
    I have families live there as well.. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been to Glasgow, but I'd go if I could! I love the third picture with the cemetary and the dark clouds!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice photos, i'd love to visit someday

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)