Friday 5 December 2014

Paris III

When researching for things to see and do in Paris, I stumbled upon information about La Petite Ceinture. This refers to the old railway line that runs around Paris. I thought it would have been as interesting as the Belt Line in Atlanta. I was initially on a mission to find a way onto the railway track however I later realised that it would be a time consuming process since I couldn't find any information about entry points on the internet/Google. In the end, I decided that it would be for another day (hopefully before they turn it into something else!) and settled on walking the Plantee Promenade. Plantee Promenade is a 4.7km walk that follows the old Vincennes railway line which starts near Bastille and ends at the Charles-Péguy Square. It is very similar to the High Line in NYC however the Plantee Promenade was inaugurated in 1993, which was 16 years before the one in NYC.

Untitled
Visiting Bastille Markets first.

Untitled
Freshly made churros for 2 euros!

It was a very cold day (4 degrees) and there were a lot of people running on the path.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
The coolest thing ever at Jardin de Reuilly. A free sparkling water fountain!

Untitled

4 comments:

  1. Wow your photos are really stunning, good job! :)

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pics actually make me feel cold! So beautiful though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man Europeans and their sparkling water haha. I haven't heard of Plantee Promenade before, looks like a beautiful walk though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those churros look really good. And, wow! Paris is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)