Sunday 28 December 2014

Kilkenny & Dublin

We made another day trip out of Dublin to the town of Kilkenny. Luckily we got the reduced price for the Kilkenny Castle which resulted in each ticket only being 1,50 Euros. A bargain if I can say so myself. Tours like this always weird me out a little as it's really odd to have rooms recreated. Obviously, a room and its items cannot be 100% original or authentic, but it's really weird knowing that the entire room is fake.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Back in Dublin (on another day) we took a tour of Guinness. I actually had never tried Guiness until Paris when A. bought one to accompany his dinner. I'm not a fan of alcohol. Or more accurately, I don't care for alcohol. I don't have any moral objections to it, I just don't drink it.

Untitled

Untitled
Learning how to drink a Guinness. This glass was so cute.

Untitled
View from the top floor.
Overall Thoughts
We were blessed with pretty good weather in Ireland. Overcast (generally) but thankfully not wet. The interesting thing was that our hostel was 50m away from a nightclub which resulted in a lot of noisy nights. Thankfully I can sleep through noise these days, but was still a little annoying having music being blasted till 5am. Aren't there any regulations or bylaws?

Would I re-visit?
Dublin no, but the rest of Republic of Ireland,. yes. An emphatic yes. I would love to visit the West Coast. Sadly, I didn't have the time (and I guess money) to make this happen this time around.

1 comment:

  1. Looks lovely, haven't been to Ireland in years! Lovely photos too :)

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)