Monday 1 December 2014

Paris I

This was my second time in Paris and to be quite frank, I didn't remember a whole lot from my first time. In some respects, it was similar to my first impressions of NYC; everything was so cool since I had always wanted to see those places and do those things. But I didn't really walk away with either a positive or particularly negative experience. It may well have also been due to the fact that, at the time, I was completely laissez faire about everything. This time, I came armed with more research, more knowledge and more awareness about the things that I wanted to see in the city.

28th November 2014

Untitled
Last time, I stayed near Nation metro in the 19th arr. This time, I am staying outside the ring circle in Pantin.

It only cost 4 Euros to climb the stairs to the second level of the Eiffel Tower (as opposed to 7,50 for the elevator) and it was a nice walk up, nothing too scary or difficult. Luckily, the skies cleared up a little and the view from the second floor was amazing. I already knew that Paris was a very big city, but to see it from that vantage point just reaffirmed what I already knew.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I stumbled upon the Christmas market on Avenue des Champs-Elysees. It was a bit random to be honest especially with the English Christmas songs playing alongside with the noises from the busy street too. Ate some pretty awful chips (frites) and had some mulled wine (vin chaud). There was this amazing ham and melted raclette cheese baguette at this stall, but it was just a little pricy for my liking. But now in hindsight, maybe it was worth trying. (I love cheese).

Untitled
The chairs at Jardin des Tuileries were so relaxing especially after a very long day of walking.

Untitled

Untitled

12 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I cannot wait to go to Paris one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. !! hope you're having an amazing time right now!! I remember eating this massive box of these churros things at the Champs Elysees xmas market last year, and I haven't wanted churros since hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had three freshly made churros from Bastille market and I think I am turned off it for now. Can still feel the oil coating my throat.

      Delete
  3. These are such amazing shots. I can't wait to have my first visit to Paris next year! You're getting me all excited except for the French Fries. Which I guess shows it isn't so french. Continue to have fun! :D

    www.rosa-dyn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I think the fries were just cooked twice poorly. When are you leaving for France again?

      Delete
  4. I always want to go to Paris but got to work for it, huh. Great shots ! <3 xo

    http://www.kinikunormal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth working towards :) hope you can visit soon.

      Delete
  5. I hope you're enjoying your trip so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Such pretty photos. I can't believe I haven't visited Paris so far... Shame on me. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Natalie it's so fun joining along with what you're seeing (and I hope this time you really are SEEING a bit more)!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)