Tuesday 9 December 2014

London I

2nd December

Untitled
Last eclair in Paris

The Eurostar ride from Paris was very very boring and kind of painful. I can't read, watch movies or do pretty much anything on transport due to motion sickness and resorted to being bored for the entire ride. It was painful because of the change in air pressure in the tunnel. Ah well. I have to say that the UK customs/ immigration is one of the most difficult that I have experienced. Last time, the woman grilled me with all these weird quetions, "why are you travelling by yourself?" "Why are you coming to the UK if you don't know anyone", which at the time I thought was a little weird. This time round, the man was really cold. Well colder than the average immigration officer. The weird thing wa that he asked how many days we were also going to be in the Republic of Ireland (as we didn't include it in our total duration question on the form). In hindsight, the Republic of Ireland isn't even in the UK so I have no idea why it was any of his concern.

We stayed at the same place that I stayed at last time, near the Swiss Cottage tube station which is just outside Zone 1.

Untitled
Regent Park

Untitled

First stop was an early dinner/ super super late lunch at Bone Daddies, allegedly the best ramen in London.

Untitled

Untitled
Tantanmen 2

Untitled
T22

They both tasted really weird. They weren't meant to taste traditional but the flavours were really really weird. The Tantanmen 2 that I ordered felt as though someone had poured an obscene amount of peanut butter with the broth. Not a very pleasant experience, especially with the compulsory service charge added (not happy Jan).

Regent Street and Oxford Street were insanely packed but also very very pretty with all the Christmas lights. I'm not the biggest fan of shopping and when I do shop, I shop with a plan. However we did pop into Hamleys on Regent Street which was opened in 1881. It is the oldest toy shop in the world and it has 7 floors of toys! The best part was definitely the employees who were trialing the toys around the store and also performing magic tricks.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
Disney store!!

8 comments:

  1. I just saw that last night! It's pretty cool we're in the same place right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those christmas lights. :) Such a shame that the ramen didn't taste nice :c I had yucky ramen experience too in Amsterdam. So disappointing if you hear so many good things about restaurants and they end up being .. mwah :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is especially when the place isn't exactly cheap!

      Delete
  3. It's pretty magical with the lights though isn't it. Hope it's not been too cold for your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. re-living my trip to london through your pictures and absolutely loving it!!! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, all of those lights! I love the feel to all of your photos. And man, ramen sounds pretty good right about now. Especially when it's so cold out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful festive deco's and lights! I love it c:
    And a bummer about these good looking ramen :c
    I mean, it does look appealing! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Swiss Cottage is a nice area, kinda miss it. Why the hell did they ask you about Ireland? Lol maybe they're getting paranoid about an IRA comeback, fuck knows... Anyway, London is definitely one of my favourite cities but as a small town girl I think I couldn't work and live in that place, it would get stressful. London is only cool if you have the time and the money to enjoy it! Sad but true. I can only imagine the Christmassy crowds...! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)