Tuesday 2 December 2014

Paris II

I never thought that I suffered from jet lag before, however I think I am still in the process of sorting it out now, three days into my trip. Unbeknownst to me, the two weeks of only getting 6hrs a sleep a night has altered my body clock so that I currently wake up naturally after around 7hrs. For the first night, I became dead tired at 5pm meaning that I then woke up at 12am. Second night, I slept at 7pm and woke at 2am and last night (at the time of writing this post) I went to bed at 10pm and woke up at 4am. When I wake up, I feel completely refreshed albeit a little sore from the walking done on the previous day.

29th November
It was stated to be a relatively clear day so we decided to head up over to the Sacré Cœur. Last time I went, Sunbear and I parted with 5 Euros due to the African men and their string bracelets. This time I was a little more vigilant and walked super fast past them, although to be fair they were also occupied with their tourists already. This one guy was surrounded by 4 men, the poor guy. The view from the top was amazing although visibility was a little affected by the fog.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

It was a Saturday so the area in Printemps and Galeries Lafayette was jam packed with people. A crazily amount of people. I hate crowds and I don't understand how anyone can shop in such conditions.

Untitled
The upside down Christmas tree.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

The day ended at Jardin des Luxembourg. French children are dressed so nicely and are so so adorable.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
I ordered soup of the day, although I had no idea what it was (and no one actually told me). Nonetheless, it was delicious.

Untitled

14 comments:

  1. Crying because these all look so beautiful!!
    Also that soup looks like pumpkin or sweet potato or something. It looks so good though, whatever it is! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't seem too much like pumpkin or sweet potato, but tbh I couldn't really pinpoint what it was. It kind of reminded me of potato and leek except for the colour

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had fantastic clear weather !!! Those shops are crazy busy, it's completely distracting just because you get pushed around so much. Hope you have a fantastic trip... can't wait to hear more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just for the one day I was there though! And then the temperatures just dropped quite low, now in warmer London.

      Delete
  3. Ahhh, jet lag is such a pain the ass! But looks like you're having a great time so far :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! I think I have kicked it now !

      Delete
  4. I loved Montmartre and the view from Sacre Coeur! Wow, they sell poultry with the feathers still on? Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It was quite disturbing to be honest.

      Delete
  5. Paris looks so beautiful right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always get carried away by photos of food... and these last two don't disappoint! Those galeries look so sumptuous, woah! I hate crowds myself, it's unbearable to share your personal space with dozens or hundreds of other individuals...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I share the same sentiments, especially when other people have no regard for other people.

      Delete
  7. Oh, I hope you enjoyed your time in Paris! These are lovely photos. And I see you went to the Galeries Lafayette. What did you think of the Christmas tree? :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Christmas tree was insanely cool!! Never seen anything like it before.

      Delete
  8. These look great. You're getting me all hyped up, and I've heard many cautionary tales of the scammers in Paris. I'm actually quite worried about that because I'm a sucker and I'm worried I wouldn't be able to stand up to them. But I guess walking fast would be a great idea... I wonder what the locals do?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)