Sunday 7 December 2014

Paris IV

2nd December
It was another super gloomy day in Paris and it was also my last day. First stop was the Louvre and there were quite a few people at the museum compared to my previous visit.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Museums make me really tired for some reason. I also brought my film SLR and my BW film with me. Kind of worried about all the x-ray scanners that I have gone through/ still need to go through. Hoping for the best. The back of the camera seems to pop out randomly and I forgot to bring tape and ended up using bandaids to secure the backing. Awkward.

A. wanted to eat at Ladurée so we visited for dessert. I don't have much of a sweet tooth and had also never tried anything from them before. I settled on hot chocolate (what is a visit to Paris without hot chocolate) and a lemon tart to counter the chocolate sweetness.

Untitled

Untitled
Not the best to be honest.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
Bridge from Inception. Aka Pont de Bir Hakeim

Untitled

Overall Thoughts
I walked away from Paris with a more positive view than after my previous visit. I walked a lot around Paris, in the touristry areas and also the less touristy areas inadvertently since I got a little lost (nothing like Rome. I don't think anything will beat my experience in Rome).

Would I re-visit?
Not anytime soon. Unlike a lot of people it seem, I don't love the city (though I did enjoy it) and have had my fill for the time being.

12 comments:

  1. How did you find your experience at Ladurée? I went and tried some of their macarons when I was in Sydney last and I was really disappointed. I found them very over priced.

    Your trip seems so lovely. I feel like I have such a connection to Paris and French culture so I'm tingling at the thought of going there but it's not for everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one I went to was quite small with a lot of tables crammed in. The waiter was very attentive so service was pretty awesome. As expected food was crazy expensive. The hot chocolate was 6,40 Euros whilst it was around 3 Euros in other cafes. My boyfriend said that the quality of the macarons was a lot better there.

      Delete
  2. Edith Piaf started playing in my head as I read through this! Where are you off to next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know who that is, but I will YouTube! I am currently in Edinburgh, Scotland. You have now landed in London if I recall correctly?

      Delete
  3. I only had macarons from Laduree in Paris, but we went to Angelina's and had 8 euro hot chocolates which were amazing (but so expensive...).

    The first time I went to Paris I had such high expectations I was sort of disappointed, the second time I was more realistic and really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, i do want to visit Paris so so much!
    i loved all of your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many glorified images/stories of Paris it's hard for people when they actual visit and feel let down. I completely understand. So glad you got to walk a whole bunch... makes you appreciate the things that you don't often see promoted about Paris. P.s. Loved Edinburgh, hope you have a fab time there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was always my dream to visit Paris someday, so thanks for your posts! It's like I'm already there- virtually haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same feeling about Paris. I don't love it as other people seem to do haha. Still a lovely city though!
    Love the pictures you took! Especially the inception one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm actually looking forward to a visit to Ladurée, mostly so I could purchase a macaron and eiffel tower keyring. I'm glad this visit was more positive than the last.

    www.rosa-dyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I respect your honest opinion about Paris Nat!
    I guess it's quite an extraordinary and a bit overrated
    world city c; I actually read here and there about
    how wonderful the hot cacao of Ladurée tasted like!
    It's still on my bucketlist since I'm a sweet tooth ha
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh oh oh I envy you have witness the bridge that
      was seen in Inception as well!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving me a message! I appreciate every comment that I receive :)